Online Live Blended Learning
Ensuring a comprehensive understanding of responsible gaming behaviour is essential for individuals involved in the gaming industry. The Online Live Blende Learning aims at training employees and/or case-handlers of any company in order to disseminate knowledge and good practices. After completing this course, participants will be able to recognise and detect addictive gambling behaviour, act against it and prevent it.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Solidify gambling understanding and related problems.
- Gain insight of how to identify and help problem gamblers.
- Acquire new skills to deal with problem gamblers, suspicious behaviours and difficult situations.
- Increase participants’ confidence in talking to customers about problem gambling as well as finding solutions.
- Player Protection Measures
- Importance of Addiction Prevention
- Legal Obligations and Fundamentals
- Approaches and Intervention Points for the Prevention of Gambling Addiction
- From Basics to Appropriate and Effective Communication with those at Risk
- Professional and Volunteer Help Resources on Gambling related Harm
Mete Tuncay has a degree in social pedagogy and is a systemic consultant, who has been working since 2006 in the field of counselling and problem gambling in Malta, Germany and other countries in Europe, whereby he offers advice to persons seeking help with gambling addiction and gambling problems. During training sessions and workshops, he has been a manager and advisor since 2011. He therefore shows his expertise in the field of intercultural competence and development, as well as the protection of players and minors. Mete is inquisitive, appreciative, humorous, creative and has a passion for tailored solutions. Activating the existing resources and expertise around people seeking help are the basic principles of his approach. He is the co-founder of the Turkish helpline in problem gambling in Germany.
Melissa McElhatton is a Maltese social worker, who has spent the past four years working directly with individuals battling an addiction, both within a community, as well as, a residential setting. She has also supported families of individuals with addiction problems, empowering them to make the necessary changes in their lives. She is currently in the process of becoming a Gestalt Psychotherapist. Prior to working in the field of addiction, Melissa worked in the physical health sector at the local hospital, and within the mental health sector by providing support to individuals residing in assisted housing. Through these experiences, she began to see addiction through more holistic eyes. Further, she has tried to implement this more holistic view of addiction or disordered behaviour in her practice and in her trainings. Melissa believes strongly in the power of humour in her work, and in following where the research and other evidence are pointing towards. In fact, her practice is strongly based on evidence.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance after the course.
159 € (Excl. VAT). After registration, participants will receive an invoice by email.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE TRAINING
- Course modality: E-Learning and Webinar
- Maximum number of participants: 15
- Where: Online (Login details will be sent to participants after registration)
- When: Friday, 24th April 2020
- Duration: 10AM – 1PM
- Language: English
- Certificate awarded: after attending the online training
ESPECIALLY RECOMMENDED FOR
- Customer Support Agents, Responsible Gaming Case Handlers and/or related Management roles of B2C Gambling Operations
- Compliance Professionals who seek to understand better Player Protection from an operational standpoint
- Any individual willing to be introduced to or seeking to brush up their Responsible Gaming skills